Smartphone’s are slowly taking over keypad and qwerty phones making touch screen functionality the most demand-able of the 21st century. We now have Apple iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One X, Nokia Lumia and many more which are all designed with the touch screen concept. We even have updated versions of laptops the tablets such as Apple iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab, HTC Flyer and others which are completely designed keeping the touch screen as the main interface. The most challenging to run these devices is to maintain a good battery life. We will look into 20 different tips on how we can start to save battery life in these smartphones.
20 Tips To Save & Increase Battery Life of Your Phone:
1. Close any application that is running in the background. Go to settings and look for application and end all applications that are running.
2. Turn off WiFi & Bluetooth when not needed.
3. Reduce the brightness of your phone screen by setting to automatic when browsing for longtime as the higher the brightness the more is battery consumption.
4. Turn off any screen savers completely to avoid extra battery usage.
5. Set you network selection to the network you can register to and set it up other than setting to automatic as it searches for network and consumes more battery.
6. Switch the vibrate function off when setting your ring tone.
7. Turn of your battery back-light from the settings.
8. The longer you call the more battery it uses, so keep your calls to minimum time.
9. Turn off your GPS and Infrared options.
10. Using 3G signals eats up a lot of battery, so to save battery use 2G if possible.
11. Use a black background for your wall papers and avoid using animated wallpaper and themes.
12. Always initialize your new battery by giving it full charge as mentioned by the manufacturer for the first time.
13. Keep your battery cool by keeping it in the fridge not freezer when not in use. Keeping battery cool increases the lifetime of the battery.
14. Keep your battery away from metal objects and magnets as it decreases battery life.
15. Clean the battery connectors on the phone and the battery to allow better connectivity avoiding any short-circuits.
16. Minimise use of wireless radio.
17. Disable applications that sync and update constantly, only use when needed.
18. If you are using Android phone then you can save battery life using “Any Cut” and “Juice Defender” apps.
19. Dump unnecessary home screen widgets in android phones.
20. Reduce ring tone volume and switching off keypad tones.
How Can I Save Battery Life In iPhones?
The above guide on battery saving tips goes to iPhones as well, but having a different operating system iOS the settings work slightly different and there are some more easy steps to increase battery life on iPhone.
1. Reduce screen brightness from the settings option.
2. Turn off 3G if not required for internet access by going to Settings > General > Network > Enable 3G.
3. Turn off location services from Location services in the General under Settings saving a huge amount of battery life.
4. Turning off the automatic data push mostly used for your emails inbox updates can be switched off from Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Fetch New Data (slide the bar to off).
5. Close down all the open apps running in the background by double tapping the home button to see all the running apps at the bottom of the screen with a minus sign on the top right of the app. Simply touch the minus sign to close the app.
6. If you feel that your iPhone performance slowed down then there are tons of apps are running in the background and the best way to get the performance better is to hard reset the phone. Simply keep your finger on the home button and other finger on the on/off button together for few second until you see the screen goes blank and re-appear the Apple logo. This operation will close down all the unnecessary apps running and bring the iPhone back to its normal position.
7. Try avoiding using image as the background and keep to the default.
There are more tips but the above are some of the important ones to mention.
With more and more Android and iOS phones in the market, battery life issue will be the biggest problem. Since these devices can now do more than just to make calls and texts, you need to know all the possible ways to save your battery life by following the above 20 steps guide.