Samsung and Apple are two of the leading manufacturers in the world today. They are rivals who are competing against each other to produce the best handset of the year. Samsung have just released their masterpiece the Galaxy S3, to give Apple’s upcoming iPhone 5 a hard time.
In today’s article we shall compare Apple’s trend setting smartphone iPhone 4S against Samsung’s Galaxy S3.
Differences in Specifications between Samsung Galaxy S3 vs iPhone 4S
Key features of both the iPhone 4S and Samsung Galaxy S3 are:
- 3.5–inch widescreen Multi–Touch Retina display
- Dual–core A5 chip – for up to two times more power and up to seven times faster graphics
- 8 megapixel camera with 1080p HD video
- Introducing Siri – use your voice to send messages, make phone calls, schedule meetings and more
- Full On-Screen QWERTY keyboard
- With iCloud – stores your music, photos, documents and more
Samsung Galaxy S3
- Large 4.8″ HD Super AMOLED display
- Super-fast 1.4 GHz quad-core processor
- 8 megapixel camera with auto-focus and LED flash
- S voice natural language commands and dictation
- Smart Stay eye tracking
- Android OS, v4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Difference’s in Processing and Voice Commands
A dual core A5 chip is what the iPhone 4S occupies with dual core graphics capabilities, which is twice faster than the original iPhone 4 chip, according to Apple, and a whopping 7x faster graphics. Its A5 processor makes operating smooth when using heavy applications and getting updates from the internet.
On the other hand, the Galaxy S3 inherits their own Quad Core 1.4GHz Exynos processor, boosted it with 1GB RAM. No lag of any sort was experienced when switching between home screens and loading apps. Both the smartphones are quite similar to each other in this case.
Siri was introduced with the iPhone 4S, which most of us are familiar with. Siri works with coordination to the native iOS to carry out the tasks like getting traffic updates of a particular area, dictating text messages, creating appointments and many more. iTunes can also be controlled using Siri, by telling a specific song title to play.
S-Voice is what the Samsung Galaxy S3 occupies, which is very similar to the Siri. The main difference being that it is optimized for Android platform rather than iOS. You can activate S-Voice by saying “Hi Galaxy”, rather than opening the app manually with Siri . Processing speeds of the Galaxy S3 makes voice natural language commands faster than the iPhone 4S.
After assessing the above specifications and differences, we can come to a conclusion staying that the Galaxy S3 is a better device compared to iPhone 4S.