Samsung and Blackberry are two companies that have been manufacturing quality devices for customers at the best of prices. Today we shall compare two of their fascinating creations called the Galaxy S3 vs Blackberry 10, which are said to be great rivals in the mobile market.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 was released on the month of May 2012, in colors of Pebble Blue and Marble White. It offers high quality hardware and software options, occupying the latest Android operating system of Ice Cream Sandwich v4.0.
Its specifications are:
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy S3
136.6 x 70.6.1 x 8.6 mm, 133 grams, Touch-sensitive controls
- 4.8 inches, Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen
- 720 x 1280 pixels, 16 million colors, Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- Android OS v4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich, Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9
- 8 Megapixels, 3264×2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- 16/32/64 GB internal storage, 1 GB RAM, microSD, up to 64GB
- GPRS, EDGE, WLAN, Bluetooth, USB, NFC
- MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC player
- Document editor (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF)
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk
- Standby and Talk times of 690 hours and 16 hours approximately
On the other hand, Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha follows RIM technology, occupying a new operating system called the QNX-based BlackBerry 10. Specifications of the device are:
- 4.2 inch 1280 x 768 HD LCD (356dpi) touch screen
- Operating System : BlackBerry 10 Developer Preview V 10.0.4.197
- 16GB Internal storage
- Quad Band HSPA+, No LTE support enabled, network support
- Bluetooth and NFC connectivity
- Front facing with no flash. Rear Camera with Flash
- 3.5 MM Headphone Jack, microHDMI, microUSB ports
- Non-Removable battery
When looking onto comparison between them, the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha occupies a higher screen resolution that of 1280 x 768 to 720 x 1280 pixels, but having a smaller screen of 4.2 inches to that of 4.8 inches.. Its screen ratio is of 5:3 and has higher pixel density too.
It has a 1GB RAM, a microSD card slot, a mini HDMI port, 16GB onboard storage, a headphone jack, a front facing camera and a rear facing one. The device is loaded with PlayBook OS 2.0, and a processor of TI and its OMAP range.
Overall the Samsung Galaxy S3 is way too ahead in terms of specifications, features, social network integration, internal storage, battery stamina and many more, but the Blackberry 10 is made to provide versatility to users.