Summer is the season when more people need mobile phone water damage repair services. Most of you may wonder why? During that time of the year, people tend to go to beaches, lakes and swimming pools, which is the reason why lots of devices suffer from accidental water damage. One thing you must understand that a water damaged cell phone requires immediate attention, if not can be quite difficult to be repaired.
Water damage to any mobile phone could be extremely destructive, because it can cause a short circuit or destroy your phones delicate electronic components and internal functioning.
There are high possibilities of fixing your water damaged phone, all you need to do is realize that most demanding factor is time rather than worrying. If your mobile phone was dipped in water for a few minutes, there are high chances that it would not have been permanently damaged.
If your cell phone has only been immersed in water for a few minutes there is every chance that it would not have been permanently damaged, but on the other hand if it has been dropped in a river/swimming pool or put in the washing machine and not found for many hours, you should be mentally prepared for the possibility of buying a replacement.
Things to Do
When you find your mobile phone soaked in water, you must take certain measures to remove the moisture that can cause it to stop functioning. Firstly, remove the battery, SIM card, keypad to make sure there any liquid that can cause damage can evaporate fully. Important circuit boards are usually protected by the phone’s heavily sealed body, and there is every chance that only a limited amount of water has come into contact.
After removing all the possible components, it is important to place the device in direct sunlight or put it in a room, near the window which receives sun light all day long. Doing so will evaporate the moisture quickly and the phone could start functioning again.
If doing the above step doesn’t work, place the handset in a bowl of rice, as it absorbs moisture incredibly fast. In this case, do not leave the phone on top of the bowl of rice, make sure you cover the handset completely.
Placing your phone in the driest area of your home, in an airing cupboard or next to a hot water boiler is suggested. If after leaving the phone overnight is still unresponsive, use a spare battery to check whether the problem is due to battery damage. If not, the water could have reached important parts of the phone which may result to a short circuit.