Owners of the LG Nitro HD can now cheer up, as it is now available with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Update. The device originally ran on Android’s v2.3.5 Gingerbread operating system after its release on December last year.
Those who do not know, the LG Nitro HD comes with rich specifications, features and functions, occupying a mid to high ranged price tag.
Lets take a glance onto its specifications below.
Specifications of the LG Nitro HD
- 133.9 x 67.8 x 10.4 mm, 127 grams
- AH-IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.5 inches (~326 ppi pixel density)
- microSD, up to 32GB, 16GB included
- 4 GB storage, 1 GB RAM
- HSDPA, 21 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps; LTE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
- 8 MP, 3264×2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Android OS, v2.3.5 (Gingerbread), planned upgrade to v4.0
- Dual-core 1.5 GHz Scorpion, Adreno 220
- MP4/H.264/H.263/WMV player
- MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+ player
- Standard battery, Li-Ion 1830 mAh offering Stand-by Up to 252 h and Talk time Up to 3 h
One of the things LG Nitro HD customers can expect from this Android update is the LG Optimus 3.0 UI that will be installed on the device.
- The Android Ice Cream Sandwich comes with updates on few other features such as:
- New lock screen actions (lets you go from one app to another without unlocking the homescreen.)
- Redesigned Gallery App & Photo Editor
- Updated home screen folder and favorites tray
- A new App for data usage monitoring
- Updated keyboard with improvements to faster text and text inputting that also brings better word suggestions as well as improved error correction.
- Enhanced multitasking capabilities.
- A Face Unlock software that unlocks your phone by recognizing your face.
Updates of the operating system on the LG Nitro HD will take mobile experience to a whole new level.