Nokia Lumia 800 vs Sony Xperia S are two classy smartphones in the mobile market today. Both the devices are stylish with an ability to fulfill all the needs of a customer.
Both these devices are very popular around the world because of their unique functions, amazing specifications and advanced features. The Nokia Lumia 800 was released on the month of November 2011, in colors of Black, Cyan, Magenta and White. On the other hand, the Sony Xperia S was first seen on the month of February 2012 in colors of Black and White. It is time we compare specifications between two phones of great class.
Specifications of Nokia Lumia 800
- 3.7 inches, AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- 480 x 800 pixels, 16 million colors, Corning Gorilla Glass
- 116.5 x 61.2 x 12.1 mm, 76.1 cc, 142 grams
- Microsoft Windows Phone 7.5 Mango, 1.4 GHz Scorpion
- 8 Megapixels, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, dual-LED flash
- 16 GB internal storage, 512 MB RAM
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/WMA player
- MP4/H.264/H.263/WMV player
- GPRS, EDGE, WLAN, Bluetooth, USB
- Document viewer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF)
- Standby and Talk times of 600 hours and 12 hours approximately.
Specifications of Sony Xperia S
- 4.3 inches, LED-backlit LCD, capacitive touchscreen
- 720×1280 pixels, 16 million colors, Scratch-resistant glass
- 128 x 64 x 10.6 mm, 144 grams, Touch-sensitive controls
- Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread), upgradable to v4.x, Dual-core 1.5 GHz
- 12 Megapixel Camera , 4000 x 3000 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- 32 GB storage, 1 GB RAM
- GPRS, EDGE, WLAN, Bluetooth, USB, NFC
- MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player
- MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV player
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk
- Standby and Talk times of 450 hours and 8 hours approximately.
Specifications of both these smartphones are quite similar to each other with some differences between them. One of the biggest differences between them is their operating systems. The Lumia 800 handset comes with Microsoft Windows Phone version 7.5 also known as the Windows Phone Mango OS. On the other hand, the Sony Xperia S originally comes with the Android version 2.3 Gingerbread. Recently, Sony was able to get the much awaited and anticipated operating system update the Ice Cream Sandwich.
The Nokia Lumia 800 occupies an amazing 3.7″ AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with a screen resolution of 480 x 800 pixels and pixel density of 217 ppi. On the other hand the Sony Xperia S has a 4.3″ LED-backlit LCD capacitive touchscreen with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels and pixel density of 342 ppi. When it comes to owning a larger display screen and higher pixel density the Xperia S deserves to win.
Nowadays camera is a most important aspect in any smartphone because people do not prefer to carry an extra camera and want their phone to do the capturing. The Nokia Lumia 800 comes with a camera of 8 megapixel giving output to a resolution of 3264 x 2448 pixels. The common aspect in their camera is the video recording of 720 pixels at 30 frames per second. While the Sony Xperia S accompanies a camera of 12 Megapixel, at a resolution of 4000 x 3000 pixels with auto focus and LED flash. It has ability to fulfill video recording of 1080 pixels at 30 frames per second.
Both the Lumia 800 vs Sony Xperia S are quite similar to each other. The better smartphone between the two is the Sony Xperia S because it occupies with latest and better technology.