The Samsung Company has been making amazing waves again and again in the world of electronic market. Galaxy series is one of their best inventions among which, Samsung Galaxy S II is a true powerhouse of a smartphone packed in an exceptionally sleek and lightweight form factor. It is Samsung’s flagship phone for 2011 and is the first Samsung phone to be powered by a dual-core processor.
The Phone comes with an Android operating system could be more user friendly having a lightning fast processor, impressive design, amazing display, powerful camera and useful features of social integration. It was released on the month of April 2011 in colors of Black, Pink and White. Let us take a detailed look onto specifications of this phone.
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy S II
- 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.5 mm, 116 grams, Touch-sensitive controls
- 4.3 inches, Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen
- 480 x 800 pixels, 16 million colors, Corning Gorilla Glass
- Android OS v2.3.4 Gingerbread, upgradable to v4.x, Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9
- 8 Megapixels, 3264×2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- 16/32 GB internal storage, 1 GB RAM, microSD, up to 32GB
- GPRS, EDGE, WLAN, Bluetooth, USB
- MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC player
- Document editor (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF)
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk
- Standby and Talk times of 650 hours and 13 hours approximately
Design of the Samsung Galaxy S II is eye catching and is built perfectly. It runs Android version 2.3.4 (Gingerbread) and has an incredible 4.3 inch Super AMOLED Plus touchscreen, The unit occupies a top class 8 megapixel camera that captures 1080p full HD video recording and a secondary front-facing camera for making video calls.
The device has also made improvements to the user interface with four hubs to help chatting life in one place. Readers can have an amazing time through Samsung’s new ebook reader, along with an easy way to download and play the best games and music with access to over 12 million tracks. There are some disadvantages too of the phone that can be overlooked.
Disadvantages of Samsung Galaxy S II
- Filled with app bloatware
- Battery life not so good
- Menus are confused in places
Overall, the Samsung Galaxy S II has brilliant features that produces excellent sound quality giving output to clear music and audio playback. It provides an amazing quality feel, with a unique design compared to many other devices on the market.