Today we are about to take a look onto Sony Ericsson Xperia Ion Review which will contain detailed information on all sectors of the phone. The device has already received positive response from the market for its amazing camera, impressive display, great social integration support and lots of useful features. It also comes with an Android operating system of version 2.3 (Gingerbread) with a CPU of 1.5 GHz Dual-core processor giving you amazing fast speeds.
The phone was released on the month of June 2012 and is available in the colors of blue and red. It is time we take a deeper look at its specifications to understand better.
Specifications of Sony Xperia Ion:
- 133 x 68 x 10.8 mm, 144 grams, Touch-sensitive controls
- 4.55 inches, LED-backlit LCD, capacitive touchscreen
- 720 x 1280 pixels, 16 million colors, Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine
- Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread), Dual-core 1.5 GHz
- 12 Megapixel Camera , 4000 x 3000 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- 12.9 GB user available, 1 GB RAM, microSD, up to 32 GB
- GPRS, EDGE, WLAN, Bluetooth, USB, NFC
- MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player
- MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV player
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk
- Standby and Talk times of 375 hours and 7 hours approximately.
The device has dimensions of 133 x 68 x 10.8 mm and a combined weight of 144 grams. It has a beautiful 4.6 inches LED-backlit LCD, capacitive touch screen display giving output to 16 million colors at a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels resulting in fantastic display quality on screen imagery.
This handset comes with a very powerful camera of 12 megapixels giving all your pictures an amazing experience. High resolution photography is the output that of 4000 x 3000 pixels featuring autofocus and LED flash, it allows you to capture pictures in low lighting conditions. The camera also has the ability to capture video footage at 1080p @ 30fps with extra clarity conferred by the video light and continuous autofocus. It is a wonderful phone no doubt but has some disadvantages which you should understand.
Disadvantages of Sony Xperia Ion:
- Navigation buttons unresponsive
- Scratchable screen
- Outdated processor compared to competitors
- Runs old version (2.3) of Android
- Camera autofocus is slow
- USB port cover is cumbersome.
Overall from the Sony Xperia Ion Review, we could say that it is a full pack of smartphone with the ability to grab attraction of many users because of its impressive style and design.